21 March 2012

LivingItUp: The final weekend

This will be the last post in my 'Living It Up While I Still Can' series where I try and do as much fun activities with friends and family as I can possibly squeeze in before I take off for hopefully a year abroad in New York City starting March 2012.


Red wine, oh how you get me every time.

I will keep this post short and sweet, as it is more of a reminder for myself of what an amazing weekend I've just had. The very last weekend before my trip to America.

- Polly, Brendan and I went nuts last night. Got hammered on red wine, eventually decided we need food for dinner so we walked down to the supermarket at 9.30pm. Me with my hiking backpack on my back, Polly walking the dog, and each of us holding a glass of wine... it would of been a great sight to see ha!

- Polly and I accidentally walked into the supermarket still with the dog, hilarious!

- Polly was busting so ran outside to the public toilets... they were for some reason closed so she had to run all the way home, hilarious.

- Finally we all got back home and started our attempt to make chicken schnitzel wraps... Polly was on getting the burgers ready duty, which she did fine. Brendan (who was pretty buzzed at this stage) attempted to dice lettuce by smacking a large chef's knife straight onto our marble stone bench top! Then, completely randomly, he shouts "I think the dog wants some lettuce" and whooosh! he just threw his diced lettuce into the air! It was the most random thing in the world, I literally just fell to the floor laughing... classic.

- I was on cooking chicken schnitzel duty... used too much oil in fry pan, was spitting and splattering all over my arms but I was just standing over it for some reason, getting burnt saying 'ow, ow ow, ow'... but not moving out of the way for some reason. Polly tried to save me but I refused ha.

- Then we all chatted on the outside dining set (it was a nice night), can't remember what we talked about. Then Brendan eventually passed out on the couch, and Polly went for bed soon after, and I stayed up a while longer realizing how lucky I am for life to have turned out this good for me, but at the same time knowing I will deeply miss it once I am gone on my trip.

3 comments:

Tom said...

Red wine has never disappointed me in providing a brilliant evening.

Tom said...

Also, noticed your playing Skyrim. Great game!

Azz said...

I absolutely hate red wine to be honest, but every time I drink it no matter whom I am with or what we originally had planned, the night somehow turns epic every time haha.

Skyrim is indeed epic =)

Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment