28 October 2011

Planning stuff is exhausting

Hi! Well... it appears my last post was two weeks ago. Sigh. Anyways, I guess I kind of forgot to mention what I have been up to lately.  As part of my constant desire to do stuff (and a strange inability to stay stagnant for too long)...

... I am off to China for a holiday!

Sweet!

I leave in two days and return roughly 9 days later on November 8th.  Just a short trip really, I didn't really feel up to leaving for too long with my New York City trip just around the corner.  I am going with my friend (Isaac) who is originally from China and has been studying here in Australia for two years now.  He is going back home to visit his family for a few months over the summer break, he asked if I wanted to come so of course I jumped at the chance.  Having a Chinese native who can speak the language and knows the areas would be such a blessing.

While I have been on big overseas trips in the past, this is the first one that I will be organizing myself (eg. not through a travel agency or with parental help). I've quickly learned through this experience that planning trips is a long and complicated process... there are flights to book, travel and medical insurance to obtain (and decipher), hotels to search, dates to organize, packing, transport to and from airport to organize, the transport options while at your destination... and some of the websites are in no way straight forward (I am looking at you China Eastern Airlines...).

But a good learning experience nonetheless.

"Wanderlust: a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world"

I have recently come into awareness of this amazing word and have thus promptly fallen in love with it.  Wanderlust... I wonder if that's me? 

Another possible tattoo idea? Hmm, perhaps when I feel I have earned the title, which isn't quite yet.

Anyways, see everyone soon!

2 comments:

Jer Bear said...

Wow China! That trip sounds awesome! I hope you have a great time over there, make sure to bring back plenty of exciting stories, like how you are going to eat that fried cockroach at a chinese street market...

I have yet to organise an overseas trip by myself, and I imagine it to have a lot of little details that need going over.

Good Word Wanderlust.

Azz said...

Thanks buddy! Turned out to be ridiculously amazing =D Once I have sorted through the mess of photos I'll write up a post lol.

Yeah man definitely keep overseas travel in mind, although sometimes there are great holidays to be had within your own neighbourhood/state/country ;)

Post a Comment